Veterans Employment, Staunton
Virginia Department of Veterans Services
Who We Are
The Virginia Department of Veterans Services advocates for Virginia veterans and connects them to earned benefits and services. Information on current federal, state, and local veterans’ programs, entitlements, and referral services is available in Virginia through a network of 34 benefit service offices. All services are provided free of charge. For Benefit eligibility information, click here.
The Veterans Education Transition and Employment directorate of the Virginia Department of Veteran’s Services ensures that every Veteran or eligible person has a full and fair opportunity to reach his or her fullest potential through access to the G.I. Bill approved post-secondary educational, training/licensure/certification, entrepreneurial institutions, V3 certified employers and Virginia Colleges and Universities. Currently, more than one thousand institutions with various programs are approved in Virginia.
This directorate includes the following:
- State Approving Agency for Veterans Education and Training (SAA)
- Virginia Military Survivors and Dependents Education Program (VMSDEP)
- Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Transition Program
- Military Medics and Corpsmen (MMAC) Program
- Military Education & Workforce Initiative
- Virginia Women Veterans Program.
Programs include transitioning through veterans’ entrepreneurship.