Sheltering Arms Institute (SAI)
Who We Are
Sheltering Arms Institute is a state-of-the-science, 114-bed, rehabilitation hospital that blends advanced technology, research, and evidence-based clinical care to create superior outcomes for patients.
- 212,063 total square feet,
- All private patient rooms,
- Traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, complex care, stroke, and general rehabilitation units,
- 9,251 sq. ft. main therapy gym and three satellite gyms,
- Research, conference, and outdoor space,
- Physician, psychology, and nursing services,
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy,
- Therapeutic recreation,
- Cutting-edge patient care technology and rehabilitation equipment,
- Chapel and dining room,
- Designated visitor areas.
Recreational therapy, commonly referred to as therapeutic recreation, can vary depending on the individual needs of each patient. This type of therapy is used to help individuals with disabilities improve their quality of life. This in turn can help patients become more productive people in their living environments.
Sheltering Arms Institute's methods have been shown to help reduce depression and anxieties with the addition of social activities in a community setting. Clinicians assist with any mobility issues patients may be experiencing for a more effective therapy session.