Sheltering Arms Institute (SAI)
Who We Are
Sheltering Arms Institute is a state-of-the-science, 114-bed, rehabilitation hospital that blends advanced technology, research, and evidence-based clinical care to create superior outcomes for patients.
- 212,063 total square feet,
- All private patient rooms,
- Traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, complex care, stroke, and general rehabilitation units,
- 9,251 sq. ft. main therapy gym and three satellite gyms,
- Research, conference, and outdoor space,
- Physician, psychology, and nursing services,
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy,
- Therapeutic recreation,
- Cutting-edge patient care technology and rehabilitation equipment,
- Chapel and dining room,
- Designated visitor areas.
Orthopedic rehabilitation is a medical specialty that focuses on the correction of functional impairments of the musculoskeletal system including all of the body’s bones, muscles, cartilage, tendons, ligaments, and joints.
Sheltering Arms Institute helps individuals resume functional independence and active lifestyles within the shortest reasonable time. Physical rehabilitation and self-management training help people achieve their rehabilitation goals.