Sheltering Arms Institute (SAI)
Who We Are
Sheltering Arms Institute is a state-of-the-science, 114-bed, rehabilitation hospital that blends advanced technology, research, and evidence-based clinical care to create superior outcomes for patients.
- 212,063 total square feet,
- All private patient rooms,
- Traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, complex care, stroke, and general rehabilitation units,
- 9,251 sq. ft. main therapy gym and three satellite gyms,
- Research, conference, and outdoor space,
- Physician, psychology, and nursing services,
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy,
- Therapeutic recreation,
- Cutting-edge patient care technology and rehabilitation equipment,
- Chapel and dining room,
- Designated visitor areas.
Occupational therapy helps people participate in the things they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of everyday activities (occupations). Occupational therapists, or OTs, develop individualized plans of care to address the needs and goals based upon evidence, clinical experience, and outcome measures. They provide care for all ages and abilities to help people maintain independence and improve functional ability. OTs focus on adapting the environment or task to fit the person, and the person is an integral part of the therapy team. OT treats a wide variety of diagnoses.