Sheltering Arms Institute (SAI)
Who We Are
Sheltering Arms Institute is a state-of-the-science, 114-bed, rehabilitation hospital that blends advanced technology, research, and evidence-based clinical care to create superior outcomes for patients.
- 212,063 total square feet,
- All private patient rooms,
- Traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, complex care, stroke, and general rehabilitation units,
- 9,251 sq. ft. main therapy gym and three satellite gyms,
- Research, conference, and outdoor space,
- Physician, psychology, and nursing services,
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy,
- Therapeutic recreation,
- Cutting-edge patient care technology and rehabilitation equipment,
- Chapel and dining room,
- Designated visitor areas.
Sheltering Arms Institute offers the most advanced technologies to help patients who have difficulty using their arms, hands, and fingers. A team of clinicians will evaluate and determine a treatment plan for any problem related to the hand.
The treatment team at Sheltering Arms Institute can effectively treat and rehabilitate each patient through post-operative rehabilitation, industry consultation, or preventative, non-operative, or conservative treatments. Rehabilitation often starts within days of the injury or surgery right through the patient’s return to work or a productive lifestyle. The clinical team at Sheltering Arms Institute uses utilizes a wide array of groundbreaking technologies to support patients on their road to recovery including exoskeletons to stimulate and support the movement, electrical stimulation, and virtual reality.