Brain Injury Recovery
Sheltering Arms Institute (SAI)
Who We Are
Sheltering Arms Institute is a state-of-the-science, 114-bed, rehabilitation hospital that blends advanced technology, research, and evidence-based clinical care to create superior outcomes for patients.
- 212,063 total square feet,
- All private patient rooms,
- Traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, complex care, stroke, and general rehabilitation units,
- 9,251 sq. ft. main therapy gym and three satellite gyms,
- Research, conference, and outdoor space,
- Physician, psychology, and nursing services,
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy,
- Therapeutic recreation,
- Cutting-edge patient care technology and rehabilitation equipment,
- Chapel and dining room,
- Designated visitor areas.
Sheltering Arms Institute has a traumatic brain injury unit and fellowship-trained physicians who specialize in all types of brain injuries to improve patients' overall quality of life – physically, emotionally, and socially. Sheltering Arms providers offer a full spectrum of highly specialized services to help patients with brain injuries return to the highest level of function and independence possible. Customized treatment plans encompass an initial assessment and testing throughout the rehabilitation care plan. Therapies focus on improving neuroplasticity (creating new pathways in the brain) and utilizing functional techniques in conjunction with cutting-edge technology development within this field.