Amputation Care and Recovery
Sheltering Arms Institute (SAI)
Who We Are
Sheltering Arms Institute is a state-of-the-science, 114-bed, rehabilitation hospital that blends advanced technology, research, and evidence-based clinical care to create superior outcomes for patients.
- 212,063 total sq. ft.
- All private patient rooms
- Traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, complex care, stroke, and general rehab units
- 9,251 sq. ft. main therapy gym and three satellite gyms
- Research, conference, and outdoor space
- Physician, psychology, and nursing services
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy
- Therapeutic recreation
- Cutting-edge patient care technology and rehabilitation equipment
- Chapel and dining room
- Designated visitor areas.
Rehabilitation experts at Sheltering Arms Institute design a physical rehabilitation program tailored to the patient's needs and provide guidance and support to help them recover and regain their abilities safely and efficiently.
After a prosthetic device is designed and fitted especially for a patient, balance training may be helpful. A physician or physical therapist will provide clinical education to ensure maximum comfort and health with the new prosthesis. Medical psychology services may also be helpful as patients and their loved ones adjust to a new lifestyle throughout the recovery process.