On Ramp Program, Training for Unemployed or Underemployed
Brightpoint Community College
Who We Are
The On-Ramp Program is designed to help workers who are unemployed or underemployed improve their chances of job hunting success. The On-Ramp Program, supported by the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) Rapid Response funds, provides financial assistance to students enrolled in a degree program and to those who seek occupational noncredit, a sequence of courses or assessments that can lead to industry certification.
In addition to financial support, program participants receive:
- Assistance with tools that help assess skill levels and interests
- Help with developing a career and training plan
- Information about the most in-demand career fields in Central Virginia
- Information about employment resources and services
- Advising from the On-Ramp Program coordinator at Brightpoint
- Details about the academic resources available at Brightpoint.