Our Partners and Sponsors
We are a 501c3 not-for-profit, free public service for Virginians. To cover the expense of operating, we rely on contributions from organizations in Virginia that have made a commitment to improving the lives of older adults, people with disabilities, veterans, and their caregivers and families. Without the help of these organizations, we could not provide our valuable services throughout the Commonwealth. To learn more about the sponsors and partners that support our mission, click on the following links or scroll down the page.
AgingCare.com is the go-to destination for family caregivers, providing trusted information, practical answers to real-life questions, and ongoing support through every challenge. Our mission is to help families prepare for and navigate the care of an elderly loved one.
Bon Secours Health System is known as the leading healthcare system in providing compassionate and innovative care for the whole person. Founded on the religious and moral principles of the Sisters of Bon Secours in Paris in 1824, the mission of Bon Secours is to bring compassion to healthcare and to be good help to those in need.
Bon Secours Virginia Health System (BSV) is the fourth largest and only faith based health system in Virginia. It is comprised of Bon Secours Richmond and Bon Secours Hampton Roads Health System. Bon Secours Richmond includes; St. Mary's Hospital, Memorial Regional Medical Center, Richmond Community Hospital, and St. Francis Medical Center in Richmond.
Bon Secours offers a full range of services including cardiac, women's, children's, orthopaedics, neurosciences, surgery and senior services. The system brings together a network of hospitals, primary care practices, ambulatory care sites and continuing care facilities to provide quality health care services to thousands of Virginians.
Dominion Resources is one of the nation's largest producers of energy, with an energy portfolio of about 28,100 megawatts of generation, about 6 trillion cubic feet equivalent of proved natural gas reserves and 7,900 miles of natural gas transmission pipeline. Dominion Resources also operates the nation's largest underground natural gas storage system with more than 965 billion cubic feet of storage capacity and serves retail energy customers in twelve states. Corporate headquarters are located in Richmond, Va.
Charitable giving and leadership of campaigns to benefit non-profit organizations are an integral part of Dominion Resources' social responsibility. Principally through the Dominion Foundation, the company contributes more than $20 million annually to charities in the states where it operates. Grants are made in several categories, supporting a variety of programs, such as foodbanks, homeless shelters, educational grants, cultural outreach programs in the performing arts, and land and habitat preservation.
Friendship is the place where seniors’ needs are met within a caring community that offers a full breadth and depth of services. Our evolution over the course of nearly 50 years has included the addition of new and innovative services, ultimately creating a world-class retirement community based on a rental mode.
Seniors are attracted to the community because they felt they could essentially age-in-place – that Friendship would be able to provide for all of their needs as they grew older created through innovative designs for new sustainable living accommodations. Residents are also reassured to learn about Friendship’s emphasis on privacy and comfort with exclusive accommodations in Friendship Health & Rehab, should they ever need a higher level of care.
- Independent Living: Boasting 26 different floor plans ranging from apartments to homes, finding the right fit for your needs is all about choices. Well equipped kitchens, heat and air conditioning, secure entrances, on campus pharmacy with delivery, and complimentary bus services are just a few of the perks of Friendship.
- Outpatient Therapy: Available for on-campus residents and the general public, our outpatient therapy offers physical therapy, speech/language pathology, and occupational therapy, including driving evaluations. We also offer a warm water pool for aquatic rehab. It is our goal to keep you moving, and as active and independent as possible.
- Assisted Living: Our assisted living accommodations help you remain self-reliant while assisting you where you need it. We offer 5 levels of care, ranging from residential to 24 hour nursing supervision. In addition we offer restaurant style dining, activities 7 days a week, housekeeping and laundry services and an onsite medical clinic to bring the doctor to you. Enjoy life while we take care of you.
- Home Care: Our mission at Home Care is simple, to help our clients enjoy living at home, by providing companionship and personal services. Whether it is housekeeping, meal preparation, running errands or going to the doctor, even tasks such as bathing and medication reminders, we are there when you need us.
- Health and Rehab Center: As the largest skilled nursing facility in the Commonwealth of Virginia with 373 beds, we know about delivering quality care. We specialize in skilled nursing care for short term orthopedic rehab stays to more permanent stays in our Alzheimer's unit and everything in between. With a staff comprised of RNs, LPNs and CNAs you can trust our knowledgeable staff with your or your loved one's health needs. In addition, we house an on-site pharmacy, gift shop and cafe and offer a plethora of daily activities
Owens & Minor, Inc., a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Richmond, Va., is one of the nation's largest distributors of national name-brand medical/surgical supplies. The company's distribution centers throughout the United States serve hospitals, integrated healthcare systems and group purchasing organizations. In addition to its diverse product offering, Owens & Minor is delivering the difference by helping customers control healthcare costs and improve inventory management through innovative services in supply chain management, logistics and technology. Founded in 1882, Owens & Minor started as a wholesale drug company. Since 1992, the company has distributed only medical/surgical supplies. Owens & Minor's common shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol OMI.
Paragon Design Group, LLC (Paragon) is a multi-disciplined team of creative strategists with expertise in branding, web design & development, motion graphics and print design. Its design solutions are engaging, effective and platform agnostic.
Sheltering Arms Physical Rehabilitation Centers is committed to helping people find the Power to Overcome setbacks from illness and injury. We are the premier provider of physical rehabilitation services and patients' number one choice in Central Virginia. Sheltering Arms specializes in the treatment of complex neurological and orthopedic conditions such as stroke, spinal-cord injury, brain injury, amputation or joint replacement. We provide a complete continuum of care throughout each patient’s rehabilitation experience at our two rehabilitation hospitals and 11 outpatient clinics.
Sheltering Arms is also the home of the iWALK Recovery Center, and our staff have advanced clinical certifications and training in the use of the newest leading-edge technologies. As a non-profit organization, Sheltering Arms’ mission is to provide comprehensive physical rehabilitation of the highest caliber to our patients, regardless of their ability to pay. For more than 100 years, Sheltering Arms has been a provider of healthcare services and a name that people trust. Sheltering Arms is committed to helping patients find the Power to Overcome!
At SunTrust we believe that philanthropy is essential to building and sustaining our communities. Our mission to help people and institutions prosper demonstrates the importance of philanthropy to our business.
Grants are provided through our SunTrust Foundation, which is at the cornerstone of SunTrust philanthropy. Learn about our Foundation’s goals and priorities, and how to request a grant.
TowneBank provides retail and commercial banking services to Richmond, VA, and the Greater Hampton Roads region in southeastern Virginia, and northeastern North Carolina. Co. TowneBank has three segments: Banking, which provides loan and deposit services, commercial mortgage brokerage services and investment and asset management services; Realty, which provides residential real estate services, originations of mortgage loans, resort property management, and residential and commercial title insurance; and Insurance, which provides property and casualty insurance as well as employee and group benefits. TowneBank is a relationship and friendship driven local bank focused on basic human values that will serve to create a warm sense of belonging and financial well-being among its family of members.