Did you know that there are at least 100 programs and sites throughout Virginia that offer accessible and adaptive recreation for people with disabilities? Here are just a few examples:
- Sled ice hockey in Virginia Beach
- Therapeutic horseback riding for veterans in Northern Virginia
- Whitewater rafting, kayaking and other outdoor adventures for people of all abilities in Richmond
- Swimming, bowling, basketball and more for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in the New River Valley
- Adaptive kayaking/paddling programs for veterans and their families in Central/Southwestern Virginia
Get a head start on your 2020 fitness goals! See therapeutic/adaptive recreation programs statewide. Or, search for "fitness" or "recreation" on VirginiaNavigator.org to find local options.