VA makes financial planning and online will preparation services available at no cost to beneficiaries of:
- SGLI (Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance)
- TSGLI (Traumatic Injury Protection)
- FSGLI (Family Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance)
- VGLI (Veterans' Group Life Insurance)
Servicemembers interested in financial counseling may contact their Command Financial Specialists or Financial Readiness Counselor. Members may also visit www.militaryonesource.mil or call 800-342-9647 for additional information. The financial counseling and online will preparation services offered here are only for SGLI, VGLI, and FSGLI beneficiaries and Servicemembers who have received TSGLI benefits.
Beneficiary Financial Counseling Service (BFCS)
This service provides beneficiaries with free, professional financial advice from FinancialPoint, an independent company whose team of professionals are experts in handling a wide range of financial matters. Beneficiaries can access this service online 24/7 to request a financial plan. They simply enter their information into FinancialPoint's website, and a financial professional will prepare a customized financial plan based on the details provided. They can also call or e-mail to get quick answers to simple financial questions. In-person meetings with financial professionals are also available upon request. Beneficiaries have lifetime access to these services.
Online Will Preparation Service
The online will preparation service enables beneficiaries to quickly and easily prepare a will without an attorney. After answering a series of straightforward questions, the beneficiary will receive a legal will, valid in all states, ready to print and sign.
How to Access These Services
- Go to www.financialpointplus.com
- Register as a first-time user.
- Use "BFCSVA" as the Organization Web ID.
- Have your eight-digit SGLI, TSGLI, FSGLI, or VGLI claim number available.
- Select FinancialPoint to submit information that will be used to create a personalized financial plan for you.
- Select EstateGuidance® to create and print a will.
Note: If you do not have your claim number, please call the Office of Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance at 800-419-1473.
Phone or E-mail Access (BFCS only)
SGLI, FSGLI, VGLI beneficiaries: 888-243-7351
TSGLI recipients: 800-428-3416
Financial professionals are available 24/7.